Saturday, December 22, 2012

I need your support. Help us make a difference.


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”  ~ Mother Theresa

Six months ago, I volunteered to be a part of an organization that helps defend, serve and educate other people. My initial purpose was to help get the word out about my book, "Out of Status". I went on a mission to share my story because I didn't want any other family to go through what my family went through. I wanted to make a difference to other people's lives.

What happened next was a life changing experience.  People mad a difference in MY life.

During the first meeting, I was privileged to know a group of lawyers and professionals whose main mission was to help others: provide hope, make a difference and save lives.
At that meeting,  Atty. JTS Mallonga, the President of Filipino American Legal Defense and EducationFund, Inc. asked me to be an honorary member of the Board.

Every event the organization had sponsored since then made me realize that there were a lot of people out there who need help, and there are people who DO help because they care. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Before I knew it, I was asked to be in-charge of their communications, social media, documentation, etc. (Funny, since my family jokes that "language is my second language")

So I was online every moment possible.

And last month, I was blessed to have known the power of social media.

A month ago, a daughter living in the Middle East was looking for help for her mother in the East Coast, who was a possible victim of labor trafficking. That daughter found our website which links to our Facebook page.

To make a long story short, FALDEF helped saved a life of someone who needed help. 
Someone who didn't know there was hope. 
Someone who didn't know there was a way out.
Someone who didn't know she has rights.

Mother Theresa once said,  “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”

We are helping create ripples. 

With your DONATION, you can help us save more lives. 


Please CLICK HERE to read the message from FALDEF President, JT S Mallonga, Esq.
Or view the entire message here:

FALDEF 2012 in Review

No comments:

Post a Comment